“I Am A Scientist STEM” is a mobile outreach program that shares our labs beyond the Chaminade University campus. Our services are FREE to Hawaii DOE schools. IAS STEM is part of a broader initiative by the Division of Natural Sciences & Mathematics at Chaminade University to encourage science awareness and education in Hawaii’s public schools.
- Promote equity of access to quality science education and address the nation’s deficiency in STEM education
- Increase science literacy and awareness in Hawaii’s students
- Support the science standards set by the Hawaii Department of Education
- IAS STEM is aligned with content standards for K-12 set by Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Demonstrate the everyday relevance of science to students
- Increase student awareness of college and science careers